Saturday, January 10, 2009

Braxton's Birthday

The Invitation:
*This was a grandparents year, so we didn't send invites to the aunts and uncles...




The Cake:
It's Curious George! :) Homemade by me... It's a banana cake (from a recipe - not a box!) with cream cheese frosting.


The Presents:

Braxton wasn't really opening his presents, so Daddy had to step in and help. However, once we got this toy train unwrapped, he decided to use it as a place to sit!



Braxton received a Curious George lunchbox, filled with his favorite thing from Papa and Grandma Billquist's house - Keebler Wheatables. In this picture he is holding a cracker (which we had to open as soon as he saw them!) - so he can only use one hand to unwrap the presents....


We finally got them all unwrapped - and can I just say what a spoiled little boy! He got quite the loot, and I had to spend the afternoon cleaning out old toys to make room for his new ones! And, I swore I would never do it... but I think I'm going to have to make a Toy Room (gasp). Don't worry though - I'm sure I'll recover. :)

4 comments:

Korrie Davis said...

Laura you all looked like you had fun!! Braxtons cake looked really yummy! You did such a good job, I need to take cake making lessons from you!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRAXTON

Aj's crazy days said...

I love this. I may have to copy sometime. Brax is so lucky to have such a loving family. How much funner could a 2nd b-day be.

Nicole said...

I can't believe he's already 2, my how the time flies. Braxton is so cute, I'm glad he had a great birthday.

Nicole :)

Tara H said...

oh my, I wish we lived close by. Curious George is Odessa and Ada's favorite as well, I am sure the 3 of them would get along so well! What a CUTE birthday- great job mom!