Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mesa Falls

Last Saturday we took a trip to scope out John's upcoming 1/2 marathon (August 23) which ends in Ashton. I was completely oblivious to how these things work until John decided to start looking into them. People actually pay to go running for 13 miles (1/2 marathon) or 26 miles (full marathon)! I think it's absolutely crazy - but then again, I do not really enjoy running. John has been training for quite some time, and he is doing really awesome.
If you are interested in seeing the course specifics, here is the link: Mesa Falls Marathon

While there we did a little sight-seeing at Mesa Falls.
It was very pretty, and we got to have a giggle at Braxton plugging his ears to stop the noise of the waterfall.






Braxton didn't want to walk for our sight-seeing, so John ended up carrying him most of the way. When Braxton finally did walk (like 5 steps) he came upon a bench, which he promptly crawled up on, like he was exhausted. He is so funny, and gives John and I such good laughs!



I've been feeling guilty that John is doing all this exercise while I sit around... so I decided to try my hand at running with him. And I've concluded once again that I don't like running! I know it's good for me, but I sure hate the 'sticky spit' that builds up when I run. I felt pretty proud of myself for being able to run a mile without too much trouble... and then I felt really proud when I watched John run 5 miles without stopping! He is amazing!

1 comment:

biglittlebro said...

I love that you have started to go with me. I hope you don't give up. Especially cause I like seeing you in your work out gear.