Friday, May 8, 2009

Catching Up - April

For Easter, we went to John's parents house. It was fun to watch Braxton figure out Easter Egg hunting!

The Easter Bunny put quarters and candy in some of the plastic eggs. Braxton didn't get any of the ones with candy and decided that the quarters weren't any good apparently...

Braxton just kept opening egg after egg... and then throwing the quarter on the ground! Good thing his mommy was keeping close track... We need something in his piggy bank!



Braxton was much more excited when he discovered some bigger eggs in his Easter basket... they had cars in them!


His sweet little smile just got bigger and bigger....
____________________________________
April also brought a whole new world for me. The world of being embarrassed publicly by your child.
We went to lunch with some of my friends for a birthday. Braxton was such a good boy and ate and ate and ate. I was visiting and Braxton wanted to go. I told him that we would leave in a few minutes. So, he ran around a few tables and then, as the waiter walked by - Braxton gave a little yell/scream. I don't know that he startled the waiter, but it sure embarrassed me! The waiter just laughed and smiled. Unfortunately, this only encouraged Braxton to keep doing it.
I kept saying, "Braxton, mommy is almost done. Can you please use your quiet voice and whisper like mommy?" Braxton must have realized that I was embarrassed because he kept being really loud!
A lady at another table, turned around and said "Can't you keep that kid quiet?" She was joking, of course - and then she said "Just enjoy it now, because pretty soon he'll be all grown up and live 7000 miles away from you like my baby!"
_____________________________
April also brought us a cold. Braxton got it first, then gave it to me. John, of course, felt like "something was coming on" one day and then was perfectly fine the next (it's so not fair!). Braxton was miserable for a few days, but still had plenty of energy to be a boy! I practically spent an entire weekend in bed, and even then John had to take work off on the Monday because my head was so full of snot I could hardly hold it up! I spent that entire day in bed too! Braxton and I were snot-nosed for weeks, and we are just barely getting over that!

1 comment:

TaraH said...

Wow, it's great getting caught up on your life! Good thing you weren't in Seattle, the lady at the restaurant would have been dead serious. : )