Saturday, May 16, 2009

Ogden Marathon

Today John ran his 1/2 marathon in Ogden Canyon. He did a great job and finished in about 2 hours (I don't know the exact time yet!). I thought I would post the few pictures we got of him today. Unfortunately, this particular race only has certain spots where you can watch the runners. We chose to wait for him around the finish line.
Here he is coming in...



Here he is running past us, focusing hard on the last few steps... John didn't see us because of the mass amount of spectators. He didn't hear us because he was listening to his music to help him keep pace!




Braxton finally found his daddy! Braxton had been asking for him since 6am this morning. The marathon started at 7am, so John had to leave at 6am to get there. Braxton, of course, woke up almost immediately after John left.
P.S. Thanks to Steve Keller for getting up to drive him to the starting line! If John had had to catch the shuttle, he would have had to leave at 5am. I'm glad that Braxton (and I!) got in that extra hour of sleep!



John and his marathon running partner, Tate. Thank you Tate for getting John started on this marathon thing... We are so proud of him for being active and getting healthy! And who knows... maybe I'll start getting into it!

2 comments:

Megan Jo Eddie said...

We're proud too. Great job John. I hope Cam will soon be following in your shoes, then we can have a little family marathon. You did great. Love you guys

TaraH said...

way to go John! As a person who doesn't enjoy running to the corner and back, I salute you.