Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Braxton's Latest and Greatest

I cannot believe how much Braxton is changing everyday. It seems like each day he does something new and amazing. And everyday he seems to understand more and more of what I say... which is leading to some interesting situations for us! Braxton loves to get into mischief and do things that he knows he is not supposed to... he just sits and smiles and waits patiently for one of us to find him and tell him no.... Little stinker! :)


Prayer: Braxton knows what to do when we say "It's time for prayer." He clasps his sweet little hands together.... and he even manages to stay fairly still during them. He sits on his bottom while we kneel, and sometimes will hold our hands while John or I say the prayer. He is such a good boy!

Ears: Braxton has also learned how to plug his ears so that he can't hear anything. Luckily, he hasn't learned to do this when I'm talking! :) He mostly does it when there is a steady sound, such as music playing or water running.

Shoes: Braxton also recognizes the word "shoes." And when he wants to go outside will go and point at the bucket with his shoes in them. What a smart boy!__________________________________________________

Braxton has become quite the chatterbox lately. When he is talking to you, he looks at you so intently that you begin to think you could carry on a real conversation with him! If I can ever get him to do it when I have the video camera on, I'll post the clips!

Braxton's New Words:

E-I-E-I-O : If you start singing "Old McDonald had a farm," he will almost always say the next line.... of course, it doesn't sound perfectly like that, but you can definitely tell that is what he is saying!

Ashes : Braxton loves to play ring-around-the-rosie. He is trying to say the words, and sometimes it sounds like he is trying to say "ring - rosie." However, the most identifiable word is "ashes." Now, keep in mind that you have to add the "h" in for him... he must be thinking it is silent. :)

Animal Sounds: Braxton can tell you what quite a few animals will say.. (except, of course, when I want to show him off!).
Sheep: "Baa"
Snake: "Ssss"
Monkey: "Hoo Hoo Hoo Haa Haa"
Doggie: "Orrrwwww"

Nose and Eyes and Toes : Braxton loves to push on our noses, like they are horns. That could be my fault... I like to make sound effects when I touch his nose, or he touches mine... I say "beep, beep" and when he touches John's nose, I say "honk, honk."
He also loves to touch our eyelashes, and will kind of pet them with his finger... (giving me hope that he is learning the meaning of "soft") Of course that's right before he pokes your eyes out while telling you what they are.
He also will touch his big toe, and then tell you what it is. It's absolutely adorable, and I love those little piggies of his! He loves to play This Little Piggy...

Papa : Okay, this one is really an old word - but he says it all the time! Braxton says it when he wakes up, when he goes to bed... and especially when he is mad at me! Last week, we went to Sam's Club for a milk run. Braxton kept saying "Papa" over and over. So, of course, being the good mom that I try to be, I told him we would go see Papa sometime soon. Well, apparently Braxton thought that meant now because as we were pulling into the driveway, Braxton got so mad!
He just kept yelling "Papa! Papa! Papa!" The closer I got to the garage, the louder he yelled! I told him we would have to go see Papa later, since we had milk in the car. I obviously need to teach Braxton about "later."



The real question is... what did Braxton's Papa's do with him to gain so much favor?

Apparently he got spoiled rotten by them while I was in Florida..... :)




No comments: